• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy cat back system....

milehigh

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for the best place to buy a catback system, something cheap. mandrel bent 2.5" pipe as well. in all reality i could do with a 2.5" mandrel bent pipe. i could buy a cheapie muffler and put together my own system. i dont have a welder so i need a once piece pipe from the muffler to the ass end with hangers, like they sell in the cat back systems.

I would go with a good USA made muffler (I think thrush turbos might be, I know flowmasters are made in USA) and go to a shop that either mandrel or pressure bends the pipes. You do not want crimp bends (where the inner radius is bumpy)!

Pressure bends slightly distort the pipe, but don't leave the inner radius bumpy. mandrel of course maintains the consistent diameter.

Rusty's catback with Flowmaster muffler.

"Summit carries one. But the XJ's are 2 1/4. Going bigger in back only doesn't really help."

really, from what ive read on this forum, everybody says go to a 2 1/2" out back. if staying with a 2 1/4" is recommended then ill just put a muffler on it, the pipe on mine is still in good condition its the factory piece but appears to mandreal bent.

Make your own!

I just did replaced my cat with a Magnaflow High Flow Cat ($60) from ebay and put on a Cherry Bomb Turbo Muffler ($20) from autozone. Add in the extra $15 for exhaust pipe form autozone and I'm at a total of $95 for a new exhaust AND cat. Sounds great and it actually tucked up nicer than the stock exhaust so you can't even see the muffler unless you get down and look underneath. Oh, and it's all 2.5" OD.

Saved a bunch of weight too. I didn't realize how big and heavy the stock crap was.

just installed the dynomax super turbo today, it was simple, clean, and sounds good. got it off amazon for 150 w/free shipping...came to my door in 2 days.

just installed the dynomax super turbo today, it was simple, clean, and sounds good. got it off amazon for 150 w/free shipping...came to my door in 2 days.

Good kit i've been running it for a little over a year with no issues! It sounds damn good too ask browncountyxj!

Back