• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tail-light guards

Does anyone know where to get them. I've seen the led conversions and think that they are nice but I'd really like to keep the factory look.

I've searched hear and google a thousand times and cant find anything. Considering making them but the time constraints just give more time to break them again. And probably on something stupid, again. Like my garbage can at six in the morning.:doh:

thanks in advance

Quadratec
dunno.gif

Billy

I think it was Smitty built that used to make some. They were in Quadratec at one time but that seems like its been a few years since I saw them.

Something like this?
LibertyTail.jpg

Might try ebay or something. They are called brush guards. They are pretty worthelss though.
well instead of a busted lens you'll have some sheetmetal damage too! seen it to many times!

Something like this?

RP_THOR_lights.jpg

Where do you get a pair of taillight housings like these? ive seen them on brians jeep at projectxj.com but cant find em anywhere. I wanna get some like these or make some like the ones they sell on rustys since 100$ is pricey.

Also I saw those quarter panel guards on Projectxj.com as well but performancemw is nolonger in business. where did you get them?

Where do you get a pair of taillight housings like these? ive seen them on brians jeep at projectxj.com but cant find em anywhere. I wanna get some like these or make some like the ones they sell on rustys since 100$ is pricey.

Also I saw those quarter panel guards on Projectxj.com as well but performancemw is nolonger in business. where did you get them?

those are THOR guards. I heard they have been real hard to get a hold of.

those are THOR guards. I heard they have been real hard to get a hold of.

They were, but a group buy is going on now in the NWC, look in the NWC FS section and you will see the thread. THOR's are probably the most worthwhile modification I have done to my jeep dollar for dollar.

-Alex

i'm talking about the ones that are usually round steel- 1/4" on the inside and 1/2ish on the outside.

oh and this is for an '89
I have a set on my '94 Jeep, and they were really hard to find when I bought them a couple of years ago. When I was looking all I could find was for the 97+, the pre96 ones were really hard to find. Anyway, they look nice, but they don't work very well. They hang out past the lights and tend to get bent back when they get caught on trees. I plan on selling them and buying the Thor guards.

Man they look so nice ive been wanting to get a pair for awhile. Ill look in the other thread for em. how much did the run you?

Last edited:
Ya but i could never get it to bend properly over the groove that runs across the center of the body the ones i saw on ProjectXJ go all the way up to abt 2 inches below the back side window and i think look a little better that way

IMG_4913.JPG

Back