• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire size question

98CherokeeSport

NAXJA Forum User
i know this question has probly been asked about a million times. but i searched and couldnt find much information.
i am planning on running the dana 30 dana 44 setup with 4.56 gears and about 5.5 to 6.5 inches of lift. now i dont know if i should go with 33x12.50 km2's or 35x12.50 km2's.
at first i was thinking about going with the 35s, but now i am realizing that running 33s may be a little bit safer on my rig and i wont break as much.
this is my daily driver also.

please leave your advise or experience with this situation

Here's my opinion.

If this is mainly a DD, stick with some 33's. And I wouldn't get km2's. I'd get some BFG A/T's, which ride really nicely on the street and are good enough for a weekend warrior rig, depending on the terrain.

If you really want the height and added clearance of the 35's then do that, but yeah, you do run a slightly higher risk of breaking things as there is more stress on everything. But if you're smart and don't mash the throttle all the time, you should be fine.

I think the km2's are great tires, but for a street rig, they will wear down quicker and not give as good a ride as an a/t or even a milder m/t. My 2 cents.

i ran 35s on my dana 30 for a couple years, and wheeled hard with no problems. but the reason i didn't have any problems was 1) it was on stock gears, so i wasn't getting much power to the ground, and 2) i knew when i had to be easy on it, and use my head more then the gas pedal.

well i am defnitely going with the km2s i dont want all terrains. i run mud terrains as it is right now. i am just looking at how much work and money it would take to run 35s verse 33s and the stress factor.

i am till on the fence on the size. i keep getting different views on both

Back