• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3-21-09?

ajbroullett1234

NAXJA Forum User
So i am trying to get a group together to go up to reiter pit, or if you have better suggestions, all day on the saturday of march the 21st. I want to meet up there around 10 in the bottom parking lot and maybe go from there? iv never really gotten a huge group together to go wheeling just to let everyone know. Alright well if you want to go or if you have suggestions of a better place to go then just post it on this thread and everyone can go from there. Thanks guys

having a meet and greet in oak harbor that day. some of the people going plan on going to walker valley or evans creek. probably half and half. so like 5 to one and 5 to the other.

So i am trying to get a group together to go up to reiter pit, or if you have better suggestions, all day on the saturday of march the 21st. I want to meet up there around 10 in the bottom parking lot and maybe go from there? iv never really gotten a huge group together to go wheeling just to let everyone know. Alright well if you want to go or if you have suggestions of a better place to go then just post it on this thread and everyone can go from there. Thanks guys
Where is this place and how good would a stock rig do out there?

soooo im guessin change that date ay?

i wouldnt change the date. if you want ot go to rieter then you should go if you get a group together. but if you want to go to walker valley there is already a group going.

rieter pit off hwy 2 in WA. about and hour away from seattle if not a little more.

a stock rig would do alright in some places but there are some places i would say for you to ride shotgun.

walker valley is off hwy 9 near mt vernon wa. with the gates closed it might be hard to get a stock rig onto the trails. there are two entrances when the gates are closed. if you cant make it pass those then you wont do so well on the rest of the trails.

IT IS CALLED REITER TRAILS.!!!1

You can go check it out in a stocker and run powerlines...but I wouldn't suggest any of the harder trails.

~Scott

Hasn't it been Reiter pit longer than reiter trails? I thought it only became reiter trails after the society formed to protect the area. More PR friendly I would guess :) Less like somthing where people dump refrigerators more happy deer, chipmunks singing and so on.

Hasn't it been Reiter pit longer than reiter trails? I thought it only became reiter trails after the society formed to protect the area. More PR friendly I would guess :) Less like somthing where people dump refrigerators more happy deer, chipmunks singing and so on.

Having spent plenty of time out there picking up various forms of garbage I would appreciate it if the area was called Reiter Trails. The DNR is VERY close to getting the area sanctioned as an approved offroading site. the alternative is gates, cement blocks and rides in the back of sheriff vehicles. So instead of arguing about what it used to be let's all make the very minor effort of using the propaganda machine for the good of the offroad community this time and call it Reiter Trails. Tell your friends it's a great place for light to extreme offroading, geocaching and other activities. And tell your elected government official that you are glad he is supporting activities that bring economic prosperity top small towns in our state ( even though he probably doesn't....).

No offense aimed at what reiter trails association is attempting to do or become. As you mentioned, responcible ownership of areas like these are going to be the only way we will be allowed continuied use and I have great respect for this. I guess what I was trying to get at is that it is sad that former abuse can so stain the name of a place that it has to be renamed to keep a good PR face. My first off road experinces were up at reiter years ago and it always comes to mind as the former.

well i was under the impression that it was reider that we were goin to, my jeep is not capable of goin around the gates at walker i dont think but maybe. i dont know, whats everyone else doing this weekend?

Back