• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTF.....do I do...

Removing the bottom radiator to pump inlet hose is about as complete as you are likely to get. Maybe squeeze the top radiator hose together a couple of times and shake the heater hoses.

Drop lower hose as mentioned. Siphon the old fluid from the reservoir bottle as well. Good time to swap in new Jeep OEM 195 degree thermostat and flush the heater core with "moderate" water pressure if you're ambitious. Be sure when you are done that you have a final concentration of approximately 50-50. Verify with a coolant tester.

On almost all 4.0 blocks there is a block drian screw(plug if you will) on the drivers side.

Open the drain on the radiator, when that's finished pull the lower hose. If you still want to get even more out you could jack up the rear of the jeep and let it drain the rest.

Don't bother with the drain on the radiator, more trouble than it's worth, just remove the lower hose and dump it into a 5 gallon bucker, actually one of those big oil change pans works out better, I keep a bright yellow one around just for coolant in case I am going to reuse it. To get the other stuff out disconnect the two heater hoses on the engine, drain the bottom one into a quart bottle, just blow thru the top one, then use a garden hose to push some water thru, alternate between the two and don't wedge the hose in there either, the cooling system is made to work at ~16PSI, most house hoses are upwards of 50 PSI or more, you just want to get water in a back and forth motion to loosen stuff up.

Back