• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally making progress..

Axle stats / doner?

Axle stats / doner?

Well the stats are this..

Donor is 75 ford F150 HP44 65" wsm. 1/2" thick tubes.

Narrowed down to use stock 84 Grand Wagoneer inner axles, with GM flat top knuckles, and Ford Hub/Rotors. 61.5" WSM 10* pinion with 7* caster, -.5* camber..

Its getting Dana spicer 4.10 gears, Auburn Ected, Warn alloy inner shafts, stock 760 spicer ujoints, and Yukon alloy outer stubs. Blue Torch fab high steer arms, and Ballistic Fab tie rod kit, Ballistic fab upper & lower control arm mounts.. Riddler diff cover..

What's with the 4.10 gears? Nobody does 4.10 gears anymore. 4.56 at least.

BTW, is that the tie rod or an axle tube? :D Looks BEEEEEEFY! :worship:

Damn Scott, looks really good. :thumbup:

Thanks for the donor info. How are you going to do the upper control arm mounts above the pumpkin? I've read that that area can be risky to weld on.

Well after some time spent last week finally tacked the Inner "C" on the axle tube with the desired camber/caster angle for the approximated pinon angle or 12*.. I got bored and pulled the jeep down.. removed the old axle and arms, and just slid the new one under to start the madness... Just placed another order with ballistic fab for some new joints and tube adapters...

Teaser shot

Dang and I thought you had that thing done.

well still not done but making baby steps lately.. been trying to keep the wife happy so I don't end up divorced.. I need to either lower the frame side of the track bar or raise the axle side up to get it parallel to the drag link.. I need to get master Billy over to have a look soon.. Now to do the darn upper link mount..

Update PIC

Back