• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dual electric fan noise

sharq

NAXJA Forum User
my mechanical fan is noisy from being exposed to the elements because there was no hood when i was rebuilding the front of my 93 from an accident the PO was in. and my electric fan's shroud is cracked.

i was wondering from you guys that have done the tuarus swap. are they noisy?

not noisy at all. i have a DCC controller running my taurus fan. the controller doesnt even run the fan until the engine reaches operating temp. most of the time, i can hardly tell if the fan is running or not. the controller varries the speed of the fan and most of the time its below 100%. it does kick the taurus fan on 100% when it senses too high of an engine temp or anytime when the stock electric fan is on. when its on full blast then yah, it can be a little noisy. about what two stock e fans would sound like.

the taurus fan pulls crazy air. its more than sufficient to pull air through the radiator, condesor, and a large aftermarket trans cooler without any problem.

if you decide to get rid of your stock mech fan then its way easier to fit the taurus fan in there with the stock mech fan pully gone.

not noisy at all. i have a DCC controller running my taurus fan. the controller doesnt even run the fan until the engine reaches operating temp. most of the time, i can hardly tell if the fan is running or not. the controller varries the speed of the fan and most of the time its below 100%. it does kick the taurus fan on 100% when it senses too high of an engine temp or anytime when the stock electric fan is on. when its on full blast then yah, it can be a little noisy. about what two stock e fans would sound like.

the taurus fan pulls crazy air. its more than sufficient to pull air through the radiator, condesor, and a large aftermarket trans cooler without any problem.

if you decide to get rid of your stock mech fan then its way easier to fit the taurus fan in there with the stock mech fan pully gone.

got a link to a DCC controller like the one you use? did you have to use a shorter belt with the mech fan pulley gone?

Back