• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Autopal issue

Brad Klammer

NAXJA Forum User
Installed the ecode autopal lights on my 93 and am having an slight issue. The right headlight works but the left one doesnt. It will light up when I put the lights on day time running position, but when trying to turn on the headlights, it doesn't work on the driver side. Now even with just one functional headlight, its still like 10 times brighter than the old candles!

I've got my new wiring kit built, just need to instal so right now the ecodes are running on stock wiring.

I'm figuring this can't be a defective bulb b/c the day time running light still works?

Thoughts?

Search for the broken wire or corroded wire connector. It could be the 12+ wire or the ground wire.

I'm figuring this can't be a defective bulb b/c the day time running light still works?

Thoughts?

swap the bulbs. put the one that is on the pass side on the drivers side etc. if the problem travels to the other side, the bulb is faulty, if the problem persists on the same side then the wiring is faulty.

Brad, I had the same problem with my GoJeep harness/autopal light upgrade, I had to disable the daytime light module, it just caused problems, since I did that I've had no problems and I've had them for 2+ years. I also had a problem after that IIRC with the hibeam signifier showing me when I had hi beams on. Pm me if you need more help with this.

Back