• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tracbar Problem

ottexj2000

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I have a 3" Lift on my 2000 XJ. I have a stock tracbar and I know my Axle mount (the holes) for my tracbar are enlarged. I am upgrading to a new tracbar soone either RE or Iron Rock Double Shear. What are ways I can strngthen the holes when I install the new tracbar? Thanks

GoJeep demonstrates how he handled moving his track bar simply and without purchasing additional components. I've done it myself twice now and found it trouble free. With my 3.5 inch lift I needed to move my bar over approx 5/8 inch to recenter front end. I drilled a pilot hole at the new location and then welded the old holes closed using a flattened piece of copper tubing positioned immediately behind them. Cleaned up the welds, drilled the new holes, primed and painted the metal and reinstalled the bar. Half hour tops. Check out his site for further detail.

Back