• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

driving lights mounted flush in grille???

mitsumotors

NAXJA Forum User
I had this brilliant idea the other day to mount my hella 500 6" round driving lamps in my grille. I was going to cut holes in my grille large enough to fit the lights and then fab up some rings that will finish off the cuts to make the holes look like their meant to be there. then i will mount the lights in the holes using a bracket that i will make that mounts behind the grille up to the rad support thingy there. anyways, has anyone ever seen anything like this on a Cherokee?

i guess i could do that too. although i don't know if they would fit back there? and the grille would block alot of light. plus, I think it would look really slick like this.

I think it would look good. I plan to do something like this on my 74 bronco kinda like a mustang look I guess. I dont think it would be a good idea on a cherokee because it really covers a lot of the already restricted radiator. Good luck.

although they are mounted on my bumper in front of my rad right now and it would only be the difference of pushing them back a couple inches. i guess i will find out anyway.

i just think it would be very hard to get a clean look out of the grill.... thats why my fog lights are in my bumper!

I like the idea but with 2 6" lights in the grill but you may run into some cooling issues in the summer. You're covering alot of surface area of the radiator with them. I put a light bar in front of my grill with 4 lights and in the summer I ran into a cooling problem. I upgraded to a 3 core radiator and it helped a bit.

Last edited:
Back