• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crown Victoria Rotors

WaXJ_Skier

NAXJA Forum User
I don't know a ton about performance rotors but I'm doing a Rear Crown vic disc swap and was wondering if anyone has had experience with This brand.

I got the brackets at the JY for $7, New Calipers for $50. I want new for rotors and Pads. I should end up around $200 for everything when I'm done, a little more when I have the rotors re drilled for 5 on 5.5.

Oh well yes. Although you'd be suprised that you can sometimes fine new or slightly used pads or rotors at the junkyard. Now I'd be more willing to use used rotors than pads considering you don't know if oil leaked onto the pads or whatnot. But rotors are pretty self explanatory as long as they are within spec thickness!

Only the brackets were left on the crown Vic so I grabbed em. It was the only 98 they had all the other stuff was older.

a friend has autozone baer decela rotors on his 44, those ebay links are about half the price... so let us know how they work.

after setting up the d44, i did some research, and many, MANY people stressed how much of a waste of money the drilled rotors are.... whatever, i run standard rotors on mine.

the differance? his rotors still look good, while mine look like crap... the cross drilled rotors have a nice protective coating on them, and dont seem to rust... unlike my cheapies
cant exactly comment on the performance aspect though./

junkyard pads/rotors? have fun w/ that....

a friend has autozone baer decela rotors on his 44, those ebay links are about half the price... so let us know how they work.

after setting up the d44, i did some research, and many, MANY people stressed how much of a waste of money the drilled rotors are.... whatever, i run standard rotors on mine.

the differance? his rotors still look good, while mine look like crap... the cross drilled rotors have a nice protective coating on them, and dont seem to rust... unlike my cheapies

I'll find out. I ordered the ones off the second link. I decided for once I was going to go all out a get what I want.I'm going to have them drilled for 5 on 5.5 to match the front. Just got my set of Alloy USA shafts today, So I will post up when the rig returns to DD status.

I don't think either of those are actual brands- probably rebranded Chinese stuff. All I found googling was people calling them cheap crap, but I didn't see anything (in a quick search) from people who actually ran them.

The second ad claims the cross drilling strengthens the rotor- I'm pretty sure that's not why rotors are drilled. But, they are plated, and that might keep the rust at bay. Hope they work well for you.

EBC is an excellent lesser known performance brand for automobiles... well known in the biker community. Made in the UK, far away from chinese slave labor (and resentful employees).

Otherwise, wagner or bendix. I guess those are made in China as well :( <pads and shoes still made in the usa!

P*sses me off. I'm going boneyard diving for some good discs and drums for my XJ.

I'll try them, theres worse things Ive wasted $100 on. If they work great if not I'll get a cheap pair of OE crap from shucks down the road. Ive been both surprised (in a good way) and very frustrated by off brand products.

My cross drilled rotors rusted up.

Now I run junkyard rotors. ;)

Those XJ ones won't work for Me I have a Ford Front Dana 44.

I'm guessing here, but the d44 would be of a F150. See if they have the application. I'm pretty sure they do (you might want to contact ebc directly if you can't find a retailer with the right ones) and go for it. If you want the non-drilled/slotted ones, lots of places don't carry those so yea, contact ebc, or find the PN and run an ixquick search.

Back