• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock Suggestions

Kiefer316

NAXJA Forum User
Im thinking of the Bilstien 5125 shocks! But im just wanting to know Has anyone here ran the Rancho RS9000 adjustable shocks? If so any feedback on em'? good or bad that kinda thing?

rancho's ride like a 1 ton ford to me - my ZJ had 5000's and they were terrible! But seriosly I have skyjackers on my XJ and I actually like them alot - the ride was so much better than the monroe sensatracs I had on it before - but comparing bilstien to rancho is like comparing a Porsche Cayenne to a Geo Tracker LOL

HAHA thanks fellas i was pointing more towards the bilstiens anyways they are like 20 bucks cheaper!!!
NICE! best of both worlds - I ran bilstein shocks and struts on my lowered '04 VW GTI vr6 for a few years and they were awesome! the only reason I took them off was to go ultra low on some coilovers in which case I wasnt about to shovel out the $1500+ for the bilstein coilovers when I could get the ones I have for $700 - if I were to daily drive the car though I would have went with the 'steins

I've got 5000's on the front of my XJ and Napa Airshocks on the back, rides not bad so long as the airshocks have atleast 32psi in them. The ride isn't that big a deal to me, it still has a truck suspension after all:dunno:

Reason im lookin at more expencive shocks is because i am gettin a 4.5 inch lift for 200 bucks and i thought i would throw some good shocks on there while im at it!

Doetsch 8000 pre runners, firm not stiff on road ride.excellent offroad, built in bump stops.ordered mine direct from doetsch and they got here in 1 day. can't beat the price either $ 45.00 a shock. they make a baja ryder $51.00 same shock, softer valved for jeeps also. great service.best bang for buck shock out there IMHO.

Doetsch 8000 pre runners, firm not stiff on road ride.excellent offroad, built in bump stops.ordered mine direct from doetsch and they got here in 1 day. can't beat the price either $ 45.00 a shock. they make a baja ryder $51.00 same shock, softer valved for jeeps also. great service.best bang for buck shock out there IMHO.

You get what you pay for!!!!! Doetsch is JUNK!!!! Bilstein is the best for the cash!!:cool:

I'm searching for a deal on a 3"-3.5" lift now and will provide feedback when installed. Just wondered what anyone else with experience has to say.

As usual bashers speaking of what they know not. Bilstien is not the only shock out there, and not everyone can afford them. there are other alternatives.and the 8000 pre runner is a good option.

Back