• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I have a bit of a Shimmy and a Shake

LockdUpXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So I just changed out my tie bar because I bent the stock one with a beefier one. I also did oil change and replaced the chocolate milk that was in my rear end....... I have been driving it a bit over the last few days and when I get to about 25mph it starts to shake and shimmy...... it also vibrates when slowing down (not nearely as bad though) but if I but it in Nuetral it doesnt really do it at all. Also when I accelerate the shaking isnt nearly as bad if I accelerate slowly. Any ideas? It feel like the time that my drive shaft had an issue.... but I dont remember exactly what the issue was because I had John fix it (I supppose Jason or Eli could have fixed it too).

Check the U joints in your rear DS, actually pull the shaft and do it. Mine did this but a whole lot worse because the rear most joint on that shaft was pretty much gone.

-Alex

I crawled under the Jeep today and could shake the slip yoke section of the drive shaft. I took it to Johns shop and said I should get that portion fixed up.So I took my driveshaft out and put it in 4WD (FWD) and its fine. Now I need to find $100 to get if fixed. Part of owning a Jeep I suppose

Back