• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mounting OEM t-case skid

bdiamond

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a transfer case skid at the salvage yard today. I expected it to be a bolt on deal, but I was wrong. I have the holes to mount it but there aren't any threaded inserts in them. Did I leave vital parts behind? Or is there a trick?

Its been a while since I mounted one but I think I used self tapping bolts, 3/8-18. Most hardware's carry these.

You will need to drill some pilot holes slightly smaller so the threads will catch.

You need something call nutcerts...it is like a treaded rivet...using a 13mm bolt after you install the nutcert.

When I order my OEM tcase skid off of ebay...it was new and came with the nutcerts and the special (cheap) tool to install them....basically a heavy duty bolt and some sort of 'slip' sleeve.

Its been a while since I mounted one but I think I used self tapping bolts, 3/8-18. Most hardware's carry these.

You will need to drill some pilot holes slightly smaller so the threads will catch.

X2 Self tappers. It should be a direct bolt on.

I found some pics of one of ours, this is my son's 96 with a T-case drop and 242 case. I actually drilled/tapped the frame rails and put some regular 3/8-18 screws in and they are holding up just fine.

bigred5.jpg

bigred3.jpg

Back