• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

offering pics.

jeepnleo

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone not sure if I have put out that I consider my self a freelance photographer. Wouldn't go as far as a pro or anything. But I have some good equipment to work with.
Over $2000.

The reason I am saying this is the weather is getting great so there will be plenty oportunities for some great photos of our XJs.

I am offering the service free so long as I don't have to travel out of my way.

What I mean by that is if I need to go to everett for something and you live there I can schedule my trip to everett to keep your pics free. If I go to meet and greet or go on a wheeling trip pics are free.

Now if you want me to travel and I have no other reason to go there then I will charge for gas and something we agreee upon.

I will eithier burn you a cd or e-mail the photos since they are digital.

Now if you need me to print them then I will charge.

This service is only free to those of you on this forum. If you got friends or family they should get on the forum.

Now if you want pics of something other then your vehicle like senior portraits or wedsding then I will charge.

What do you shoot with?

Cool to offer this up! do any graphic design work?

that is a link to more photos i have on my space. you can also go to the link below each of my post.

www.myspace.com/onsightphotography

no graphic design work besides messing with photoshop.
i have done some year books and cruise books for the ship i was on in the navy

Last edited:
Photo shoots are a great way to bring people together for gtg's, or trail rides w/ the main intent of taking pictures and stuff. I haven't noticed it as much in the Jeep world but over in the VW world, quality photography is HUGE. Point and shoot? dont even bother basically. So its cool that you're volunteering to take pics for people.

What I suggest, just go on trail runs/ride shotgun and take pics. Maybe it's just me, but an amateur photographer trying to find people to take pictures for free seems kinda cheesy, and for the record, potentially can hurt some professional photographers who make a living off their photographs (free photos have hurt the photography world in many's opinion, including my own, to some degree).

I too have a lot of money in my camera gear (although the money spent means little, compared to skill), but it seems to work better to just go on trail runs and use it rather then randomly ask people if they want photographs. I'm not trying to sound like a dick, and I hope you understand what I mean. But I've personally found when I'm hanging out with friends casually and taking pictures, people are often more interested in you taking there picture than a "photo-shoot" type deal...when it's nothing close to a true photo-shoot.

Do what you want though, don't let my arrogant teenage opinions kill your high. Photography is fun, and it's good your trying to get more into it.

~Scott

Maybe it's just me, but an amateur photographer trying to find people to take pictures for free seems kinda cheesy, and for the record, potentially can hurt some professional photographers who make a living off their photographs (free photos have hurt the photography world in many's opinion, including my own, to some degree).

As a professional portrait photographer, I can honestly say I'm not concerned about 'free' portraits offered by those just starting out. It's how a lot of us have honed our skills. But more to the point, you ultimately get what you pay for...and customers recognize that. ;)

I am a big fan of you get what you pay for.
I pretty sure me offering up photos for free will not be a huge turn out. I am also sure a lot of us xj owners don't have the cash for true profesional photos otherwise we would be driving around overly done wranglers.
When my free photos make a dent in the photography industry I will start charging.
I just put it out there.

Not mad or upset with anyones opinion. I worked as a photographer shooting youth sports. Made 20 dollars an hour. Also did some company parties for the same company.
I know what its like to see the other guy there shooting photos also but it really didn't bother me.

I have more enjoyment taking photos for free then I do when I got paid. When its free its more for me. Money makes it a job a carrer. This is my hobby my way of being artistic.

Last edited:
I have more enjoyment taking photos for free then I do when I got paid. When its free its more for me. Money makes it a job a carrer. This is my hobby my way of being artistic.

X2
You can take pics of what you want and the end result only really has to please yourself. I found the whole career bit the hard way when I went into auto repair as a career for awhile. Mechanicing on your own rig is (generally) fun, working on someone elses to pay the bills isn't.

I gotcha Matt, I know a guy. PM me :)

l_80f2b0e022414603a406378233c49f86.jpg

Fleece, not wool

I'm looking for a photographer to shoot some of my, um, "extra-curricular" activities. Does your flash react well to wool? Is your camera water-proof? PM me back, thanks.

-----Matt-----

Sounds like white water rafting. :dunno:

But since it came with an "um" in there, i really doubt it.
What are you up to now Matt?

Back