• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Breather line for the Chrysler 8.25?

wavingpine11

NAXJA Forum User
So I have a Chrysler 8.25 axle that I am getting ready to swap under the Jeep. I bought it along with a matching D30 for the 4.10 gears. The axles, from a 96, were 27 spline, but I've swapped in a 29 spline carrier, axle shafts, reset the backlash and preload, and topped it off with a No-Slip locker and a Riddler diff cover.

I'm actually quite anxious to ditch the D35 and get this nice locked 8.25 working for me, but there's one hang-up. There is no breather tube. Further, the block that the soft line and two hard lines for the brakes join at, which is normally bolted to the axle tube on the driver's side, is simply missing the bolt and hanging in space. I didn't see a provision for a breather tube anywhere else, so am I missing some kind of hollowed out bolt that secures this distribution block and also serves as a breather hose connection? HELP!

--Wavingpine11

Funny, I found a thread that shows the vent line coming out of the spot in question. New question! Where can I get another one? I'd like to avoid the stealership, so if anyone knows where I can get the part and how it's referenced, I'd feel really honored to have that knowledge shared with me.

--wp11

Back