• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Washington/snohomish county rigs and wheelers

ajbroullett1234

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone i am submitting this thread to try and meet more xj guys in my area to go wheelin with and get ideas for my jeep soo if youd like post some pictures of your rig and if you want post your town and where you usually go wheelin.

My name is AJ if you couldnt tell by my user name. i got my jeep about 2 months ago so its not really too special just got the tires on there and cut out fenders and flares. im puttin a lift on it within the next few weeks. i usually go up to reider put,
l_1b3c541e9db541c1b79210c9e4b45371.jpg
l_4060af2005d54f25b95ce7bd172042a4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome.

Reiter Trails and Walker Valley are the two most accessible and legal areas to wheel unless you have friends with acreage. Keep an eye on this forum for runs and work parties.

Welcome,

I acually just joined this site also, in the marysvile area, right now I am acually putting my jeep together and putting a 5.5 inch lift on her, with a 8.8 and a nondisco dana 30. Like thrasher stated Walker and reiter are the most accessable, once I have my lift together I will need to go break it in, so I will keep you guys up dated on when that will be!

Tim

alright sounds good, ya iv been to both places numerous times walker sux and reider is far but worth it. theres also some spots that i know about that are illegal i think but iv never really been in trouble for wheelin um.

alright sounds good, ya iv been to both places numerous times walker sux and reider is far but worth it. theres also some spots that i know about that are illegal i think but iv never really been in trouble for wheelin um.

You must not know where to go at Walker. Personally I like Walker better than Reiter. Less drunk rednecks to deal with.

1. The NW Chapter of NAXJA has adopted the Expressway Trail at Walker. SO I personally don't think it "sux" :wave:. The DNR holds meeting in Sedro Wooley the first Tuesday of each month if you care to get involved and help them improve Walker Valley.

2. This site is geared towards responsible land use. If you are going to wheel in illegal areas please don't post anything about it here.
It's a smart idea to kick back and read through the threads here to get an idea of the various view points you will be sharing cyber space with before posting something that gets you flamed.

1. The NW Chapter of NAXJA has adopted the Expressway Trail at Walker. SO I personally don't think it "sux" :wave:. The DNR holds meeting in Sedro Wooley the first Tuesday of each month if you care to get involved and help them improve Walker Valley.

2. This site is geared towards responsible land use. If you are going to wheel in illegal areas please don't post anything about it here.
It's a smart idea to kick back and read through the threads here to get an idea of the various view points you will be sharing cyber space with before posting something that gets you flamed.

i wasnt planning on posting anything about illegal anything because im not the type of person to get myself in trouble. walker doesnt suck but when i went there i went pretty much everywhere that jeeps were aloud, but almost all of the gates were locked so im sure that has somthing to do with it.

next time some1 plans on going up to walker and wouldnt mind me taggin along if you want to email or message me i would liek to find more trails there but when i was there i found 1 good trail but it was really short. thanks

next time some1 plans on going up to walker and wouldnt mind me taggin along if you want to email or message me i would liek to find more trails there but when i was there i found 1 good trail but it was really short. thanks

Walker Valley has two basic trails for "jeeps". Upper and Lower Mainline. Both are farily extensive and have various portions. The Expressway portion which we have adopted is an offshoot of the Upper Mainline Trail and includes a difficult rock face, tight tree roof scrapes, root crawls and lots of puddles.
The gates are to keep less capable rigs off the trails. There are only two entrances for "jeeps" when the gates are properly locked. The South entrance is gated and has a gate keeper rock pile next to it which you must navigate to gain entrance. The North entrance is at the quarry and involves a steep hill climb. If your rig is not able to make it through these you are going to have problems further in. So going through an unlocked gate is just asking for trouble you don't want ( the gates were open through 2008 for logging purposes but should be locked now). BTW: full size rigs should not attempt Walker.

Map of Walker: http://www.dnr.wa.gov/Publications/eng_rms_walker_12_full.pdf

fun road out off 300th in Stanwood.
THIS IS NOT A LEGAL PLACE TO WHEEL.
So if you are going there STOP and tell your friends that they should also stop going there.
Walker valley
Reiter Trails
Manastash Ridge
These are legal area to go
Thanx Duane

fun road out off 300th in Stanwood.
THIS IS NOT A LEGAL PLACE TO WHEEL.
So if you are going there STOP and tell your friends that they should also stop going there.
Walker valley
Reiter Trails
Manastash Ridge
These are legal area to go
Thanx Duane

x2

The quarry entrance to walker is a blast and gets better from there on. Some of the trails from there will make you wish you were as small as a wrangler (almost). Reiter seems a little easier to navigate and you have the index wall and whats left of the lake isabel trail. Nachese is in a leauge of its own....
In order to keep what we have in this hobby/ passion of ours we all need to be responcible in our trail use. There are too many people out there that will use any excuse to shut down the trails we do have to use legally. It is through organisations like NAXJA and others like it that we can have some hope of putting aside the steriotypes of trash dumping, drinking and enironmental abuse that we as 4wheelers sometimes get labled.
I guess thats probly enough of a soap box..... we are really very lucky to have so many great places to wheel here in the NW. Hope to see you out on the trails.

What's up guys. I'm Mark from Snohomish, working on taking the 4.0HO outta my 95 XJ to throw in the 94 ZJ. It's getting an IRO 3.5" lift to DD. Then I'm building a 4.6 or 4.7 stroker for the XJ and putting her on 35's. I'm thinking about the TNT Y-Link, but I'm not sure yet. I have usually just been going out to Reiter to mess around a little bit before and after fishing up there. Rigs aren't really ready for heavy wheelin' yet, but at least one will be soon. Oh yeah, PLAY SOME SLAYER!!!:cheers:

Back