• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sound,Vibration

CherokeeCrawler88

NAXJA Forum User
i only have a 3" rough country with 1" drop. well when im going down the highway i know my jeep is kinda sluggish anyway it has 31x11.50 LTBS with 3.55 gears. but in Overdrive going down the highway sometimes when it shifts to 4th it kinda feels like it dont wanna go but it is going but the jeep starts shacking and vibrating then if i let off the gas and push the gas again it quits and keeps going.

checked front and rear pinion u joints yet?
checked tranny mount and engine mounts?
control arm mounts?
checked wheel bearings for play?
double check torque on the tcase drop maybe too?
just cheap easy places to start for vibes...

i only have a 3" rough country with 1" drop. well when im going down the highway i know my jeep is kinda sluggish anyway it has 31x11.50 LTBS with 3.55 gears. but in Overdrive going down the highway sometimes when it shifts to 4th it kinda feels like it dont wanna go but it is going but the jeep starts shacking and vibrating then if i let off the gas and push the gas again it quits and keeps going.

This could also be another issue. Trac bar. Did you replace with an aftermarket and how is the Tie rod end? Mine goes out often (Tie rod on the trac bar) and I get the same issue. What your experiencing is death wobble not driveline vibrations. Try checking all your steering components for looseness including lifting front tires, grab top and bottom of tire and see if there is movement. Let us know!

Back