• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need advice on purchasing 3-4" lift kit and Axle options

boostamante

NAXJA Forum User
So im getting some money back from the state ( when?? i dont know ) and im looking to uprgrade the BB lift on my XJ along wiht the d35 thats in the rear.

I have thought of 2 options for the axles and unsure about the lift kit.

I spoke to Crazy jim and he suggested i do this

-piece together a good used lift kit-
run a 8.25" chrysler ( lockers and gears )
-run SYEnd stock front DS with rear from a ZJ-

I was thinking of running a 8.8 from a ford and purchase a suspension kit from a good reputable company. Rusty's has a decent 4" kit but i hear they suck. So any input or suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, when the time comes to install all this good stuff i will be hosting a INstall GTG at my place with plenty of Tecate and LIttle ceasers pizza.

Gracias!

I and a lot of people run rustys springs they work really well, I have had the upper and lower fixed control arms and had no problems, the biggest issue with them is the shipping costs are severely inflated online CALL THEM and you'll see a good drop in cost.

There is a lot of good kits out there for reasonable prices, when you get your money together shop it out and find which will give you the best bang for the buck.

I've found the only thing that was decent with Rusty's was the price. So it was cheap. Keeping in mind, you get what you pay for. Get a 3" RE kit and throw it under your budget boost. You'll have 5" of lift for whatever tires you want.

Yeah, get rid of the Dana 35. If you get an 8.25, you'll want to get a 29 spline. The 27 spline is no better off then the 35.

As far as an 8.8. It's a big differential. You gotta run 35's just to clear the rocks. I ran it with 32's and 33's for a while. I had the same clearance as stock under the diff with 32's.

If you're looking for a bang for a buck, get Rusty's. It's about a buck. And All my Rusty's stuff went bang on the trail after a while. :D

bahahah! funny! so is it more or less luck with the rustys equipment? i mean the price wasnt too bad. Then againg RE has a decent setup and so does rough country. what about those?

Rusty's lifts, like ANY other can break if subjected to enough abuse... It's not a bad lift for the money.

i was thinking since im not gonna be doing anythign hardcore i would get a rustys but then again... who knows... i might just get all hardcore with it...:p

so the 8.8 is a larger axle ay?...hmm.... 8.25 sounds like a good one then...

I always vote Rubicon Express. I really like their products and they hold up to abuse....I can guarantee that. Talk to bestthaticoulddo and ask him when he researched this stuff for his first XJ.

I always vote Rubicon Express. I really like their products and they hold up to abuse....I can guarantee that. Talk to bestthaticoulddo and ask him when he researched this stuff for his first XJ.
X2 RE has always stood up to the test. ive never seen any of there components break. :D

i have been happy with my RE kit. but havent had any experience with any other lifts. oh and i will have a ford 8.8 up for sale as soon as i swap in the new axles if you might be interested

just go long arm now.....:cheers:

if your gonna go w/ a budget lift, go w/ rough country over rustys...
if for no other reason than not supporting that shitty company...

if your gonna go w/ a budget lift, go w/ rough country over rustys...
if for no other reason than not supporting that shitty company...

Not to mention that Jason (Grimus99xj) on here is the best sales guy I have ever dealt with and he will hook you up for being a NAXJA member.

i have been happy with my RE kit. but havent had any experience with any other lifts. oh and i will have a ford 8.8 up for sale as soon as i swap in the new axles if you might be interested

definately. whats done to the 8.8??? PM me some info :)
Not to mention that Jason (Grimus99xj) on here is the best sales guy I have ever dealt with and he will hook you up for being a NAXJA member.

Well i remember BEN saying something about RC and how it sucked. then again i dont know why.

If you go with RE 3.5", keep in mind you will need upper arms. I didn't pay attention to that fact when I got mine (DPG/RE hybrid 4", RE 3.5" with spacers up front) and only have RE fixed lowers with stock uppers. If I had been paying attention, I wold've just ponied up the money and gone for the RE 4.5" or DPG 5" RE hybrid.

Back