• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where is my ASD relay?

From front to rear on the right side the relays are; AC clutch, power latch, fuel, O2. The starter relay is mounted in front of the AC clutch relay. I'm guessing the ASD (Automatic Shutdown) and power latch relay are one and the same?

ok so would a faulty latch relay cause a random stalling and then no crank?

Do you mean random stalling and then the engine doesn't even turn over (crank) Or do you mean random stalling and the engine cranks, but doesn't start?

If it stalls, cranks but doesn't start, a common failure on the 4.0 that can be responsible for both symptoms is the crankshaft position sensor.

Do you mean random stalling and then the engine doesn't even turn over (crank) Or do you mean random stalling and the engine cranks, but doesn't start?

If it stalls, cranks but doesn't start, a common failure on the 4.0 that can be responsible for both symptoms is the crankshaft position sensor.

Ive replaced the CPS twice in the last 2 months. She drives fine for a couple of weeks then she stalls. Yesterday she stalled and when I went to restart she didnt do anything, no crank, no nothing. got out and check the stuff I had previously worked on to see if something came loose and tried again to start it and she fired up but she seemed to run a tad rough and rich for a few seconds.

Fully charge and load test your battery. While charging the battery clean all cable ends and renew all grounds. If all checks ok then test the starter relay and the ignition switch--not the key lock, the switch at the foot of the steering column.

I'm sure it could. If the run circuit on the switch key interupted. But the start circuit is different from the run circuit. Your problem seems related to the overall power closer to the battery.

The only reason I wanna rule out the battery is that the battery is about 4 months old and My alternator is fine. Ill have to put a new swith in tomorrow and see it that solves the problem. Yesterday was the first time it didnt crank after it stalled. Then it sat for about 30 seconds on the side of the road then started up.

Check and test before throwing parts at it.

Back