• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rusty's lift questions

99chero

NAXJA Forum User
I have a question, I have a 99 cherokee 4x4 with a rough country 1.5 inch lift which is front spacers and shacks in the rear and i also hav 2 inch lift blocks in the rear since the leafs r sagging. i am wondering if i get a rusty's 3 inch lift wit the new leaf springs, would it be a good idea to use the 1.5 inch spacers and shakles also to get a total of 4.5 inch lift. i kno i would need longer brake lines and at least a dropped tcase bracket. what else would i need if this is possible to do?
Thanks
Jhery

if i were you id order the spings, get 4.5 inch lift shocks, get an adjustable trac bar, and throw out the blocks, yes you will need the tcase drop if you dont want to dump money into an sye,

I needed an SYE and d/s in my 01 w/ a 4" lift. X2 on getting rid of those blocks in the rear...however there is no problem adding taller springs to a shackle/spacer lift. Just search and make sure you know about adding necessary parts as stated above, like trac bar, brake lines etc etc. Good luck.

at 4.5", you will need longer shocks, an adjustable track bar, lower control arms or control arm drop brackets, extended end links, and extend the brake lines. not needed but upgrade to the zj tie rod.

just cut the old shock brackets off the axle and pull them up, dont have to buy shocks and got rid of a pest

At 4.5", you should look at a lift kit vendor with more reliable parts, too. :)

Back