• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pay Attention to even the Smallest Noises...

swbooking

NAXJA Forum User
Cause this is what happens when you dont... :D

n6310842_34684403_6059802.jpg

n6310842_34684404_6042025.jpg

My little bros TC started making a small clicking sound and wouldnt go into 4wd then when he was driving on the freeway from Runnins Springs to his house in Studio City BAM! There it went. I didnt even know it was this bad untill he DROVE it to my place in Riverside last Saturday morning... Enjoy. :roflmao:

why was he trying to go into 4wd on the freeway?

haha looks that way huh?! Naw, About a week back we were at my Moms place in Running Springs and he couldnt get it into 4wd it was making a clicking and popping sound. so i told him not to use it and keep it in 2wd until i could get to look at it. Then on his way home it just grenaded.

Look at the drivers side of it by where the linkage bolts up. There should be a rubber plug in the hole there. My guess is... there isn't one there.

LOL Ive had that happen once the only difference I blew 1/2 the case away. It looked like a Haynes manual diagram. Skwerly can vouch for that. 4Hi and 85pushin 90 really does that 242 well.

hahah nice!

Yeah i dont doubt that whatever started his problems had to do with 4wd and going too fast.

Ive got both case halves if you need em.. they are all apart at the moment..

Thanks for the offer Scott, but i already sent that case to the scrap yard and i swapped in a 231 instead.

My 242 in my Dodge was making a clicking noise before it blew aswell, Looks like he did WAYY more damage than me.

From those pictures, It looks Dry, like it had no fluid in it

Considering he drove it that way from Studio City to Riverside, Id expect it to be dry lol.

Back