• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AA SYE + NP231J Install

MongoXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Greetings everyone.

I was curious if anyone knew a good shop that could pop the AA SYE I ordered into my NP231J Tcase for my 95 Cherokee Sport. Im mainly curious since my resources are a bit slim for this project, mainly the pressing part and internal stuff for the Tcase. I plan on taking it out of the truck and hopefully take it somewhere to get it done.

I live in the San Diego area if anyone has any suggestions.

SYE's are actually pretty easy to install...so if Scott can't help you out in OC area, I could probably help

I did a bit more research on this and it appears that the need for a press to put the needle bearing on the output shaft was only for earlier versions of the Advanced Adapters SYE. I think I might actually be ok with the install since this newer version should not require a press and is just a matter of pulling the output shaft out and transfering gears etc and reassembling (to simplify it a bit). Thank you for the offers for help, deffinatly nice to have a community willing to lend a hand.

Back