• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheeling at KOH

mattyj

NAXJA Forum User
Thought i'd post up a few pics from our run on Saturday at KOH. Me, rick & Chris (vetteboy), who had his rig out here from New Jersey, ran wreckingball. Chris's east coast rig proved to be built just right for the west coast terrain. It was a fun day wheeling with some boys from back east :D

185.jpg

187.jpg

191.jpg

213.jpg

223.jpg

233.jpg

234.jpg

242.jpg

254.jpg

250.jpg

Dont have any pics of Chris on Backdoor later that day.... im sure he'll post up some though! He couldnt come all the way to JV without attempting it.... put on a good show!! :D

I think he made about 3 or 4 attepts at backdoor. The last time was super close....his rear tires were within inches of getting him up there, but 1 wrong bounce put him on his roof.
I looked inside his rig and he was just hangin there in his seat with a huge grin on his face.... Ha ha.... goodtimes!
I'll tell ya that Cherokee of his sounded bad ass hitting that waterfall pinned in 2nd or 3rd gear.

Great pics.

Ya backdoor was sweet i totally thought he was going to make it sooo close....Chris it was nice meeting you hope you had a great time out in JV with the so cal guys.

Haha, nice. :D

I made it back home at 3:00 AM and just uploaded those few real quick. Today after work I'll go through the rest - upwards of 200 photos from the week. :eek:

It was great meeting everyone out there, and I couldn't have asked for a better group than Matt and Rick to run with. Hopefully I'll make the trip again next year. :)

Nice meeting you Chris. I don't think you could have found better people to run with than Rick and Matty. I bet you have tons to talk about when people ask "How was your vacation?" haha

Looks like you have a new avatar my friend.

n24800499_33249807_6029072.jpg

Last edited:
nice! I envy those that dont have to daily drive em

Chriss said it was the first time he had ever ended up on his lid, and I don't think you could have wiped that grin off his face if you told him the test that he took at the clinic, came back positive...

Lots and lots of fun.
Chris IS worthy!!

:D

Chris IS worthy!!

Definately would be a good fit for our regular crew Rick. Except he needs to get rid of those big f'ing tires and axles.....just need some 35's with a 44 in the back and a polished turd up front.

Oh wait a minute...... forget about the polished turd statement :D

Chriss said it was the first time he had ever ended up on his lid, and I don't think you could have wiped that grin off his face if you told him the test that he took at the clinic, came back positive...

Lots and lots of fun.
Chris IS worthy!!

Once the dust settled and I had some sort of spatial reference, and I looked out and saw that my newly-added exo bars had succeeded in preventing severe damage...yeah, it was fun. :D

Sorry I didn't get to say thanks in person - once we had the RV packed up, the guys booked out of there before I realized we were 'gone for good'. Arrogant Bastard from a keg was all I thought it would be (once the foam was worked out) and I can say without regret that the quantity of trails I ran at JV was far outweighed by the quality of the folks I met out there - which, honestly, is all I look for on a wheeling trip anyway. :tears:

Here's the link to my photoset from the whole week, feel free to peruse at will.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vetteboyxj/sets/72157614696446097/

If for whatever godforsaken reason any of you decide to head east, you've got a trail guide and a cooler full of beer awaiting at your destination.

Once the dust settled and I had some sort of spatial reference, and I looked out and saw that my newly-added exo bars had succeeded in preventing severe damage...yeah, it was fun. :D

Sorry I didn't get to say thanks in person - once we had the RV packed up, the guys booked out of there before I realized we were 'gone for good'. Arrogant Bastard from a keg was all I thought it would be (once the foam was worked out) and I can say without regret that the quantity of trails I ran at JV was far outweighed by the quality of the folks I met out there - which, honestly, is all I look for on a wheeling trip anyway. :tears:

Here's the link to my photoset from the whole week, feel free to peruse at will.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vetteboyxj/sets/72157614696446097/

If for whatever godforsaken reason any of you decide to head east, you've got a trail guide and a cooler full of beer awaiting at your destination.

I give you Vodka and I have to go east to get a "Beer"? Great meetin you and see ya on the next one......SANTA

Back