• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pre 97 old style doors on 97+ ?

CLOISER

NAXJA Forum User
I backed out my garage and into my brother's truck with the door open a while ago and Tommy Boy - ed it, wrapped it around the front fender

Doesn't really close anymore so I'm looking to get a new drivers door, wondering if the pre 97 style doors can be mounted on 97 + cherokee if i swap the strikers

easier to find and it'd be awesome to have that vent :farmer:

Strangely enough, JP Magazine did a write up some months back going with the later style doors on an early MJ.

One of their stated reasons for the swap was to eliminate the vent wings as a theft deterrent.

Check their website for the write up.

Yes they will, but I would hit a wrecking year in your area and find the correct 97-01 ones. The striker is different, interior panel holes are in different places, electrics (if you have those) are different, Weather stripping is different, Wing window..... but they will fit.

-C

I have a love hate relationship with my vent windows. I like them in summer but they leak in the rain.

I found a full set of 98 xj doors for 150 dollars and my broke ass did not have enough to get them. :(

Back