• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Water pressure tank

BigDog

NAXJA Forum User
I think I might have asked this in a different forum earllier but it was someone eles forum and I want to start by saying sorry wasn't meaning to try to jack someone thread.

I'm wanting to get away from the plastic crap water pressure tank and was wondering if I would be able to do this by getting a new radiator going from closed to one that is open with a cap? Or is there a reason they put this pressuer tank in them? I have went through two of them so far and don't want to keep dumping money in to something if I can just get rid of it all together.
Thank you

You will need the radiator, cap, coolant recovery bottle and hose, new style heater control valve and assorted heater hose and clamps.

Plenty of threads here and on other websites with some nice write ups on doing this project.

I am kinda curious why you keep having problems with the pressure bottles. I am using a $15 Chinese knock-off with a $11 OEM cap and have no problems.

I'm not sure why I have the problems just bad luck. They seem to get hairline cracks on the bottum of them where the hose goes. But if I'm able to get away from the plastic would be great I really don't like plastic on a car lol I know if thats the case then I better get something made before the 80's lol

Must be vibration causing it.

You could try putting some closed-cell foam under it, and maybe a little longer piece of hose to relieve the stress.

I will be switching to an open system eventually, but only after my current radiator dies from old, old age.

Yeah I might try that or I'll just switch to the open system and get it over with. There are so many other things I want to do to it though so going to have to wheigh my options and figure something out. Thank you very much for the info.

Back