• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stumped with Cruise Control

49erRider

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, Just installed cruise control in a 2000.

Finished everything up only to have it not work. At first I thought maybe you had to reach a certain speed to get it going but got it up to 50 and nothing. Anyone know the best way to troubleshoot this?

I mean I don't really know where to start but I'm guessing it has to be electrical because the light won't come on. Hmmm what a bummer put it all in just for it not to work.

without any diagnostic equipment, it would be hard to say, does the light illuminate on the dash, is there sufficient vacoom to the servo, maybe the brake light switch is bad.

Light doesn't come on at all. Nope bought an original clockspring. Yep switches are plugged up as well. All I did was connect one vacuum hose to the T fitting near where I added the servo. Brake light switch - how would I test for that and would I have noticed before adding cruise?

if you take the switch out you should see a resitance drop at the 2 terminals when pressing it. i'm not sure of the values though. i'm thinking the switch has an open circuit

The auction said 97-2001 but I guess there not compatible. I emailed asking what year they were pulled from.

God they came from a 98. Ok back on the hunt for some 99 and up switches. Anyone got a source

Last edited:
Yah looks like the wiring is as Jeepsrus only sells one set for the 97-01 but they switches are year specific. Man I don't want to spend like 90 dollars on switches from them.

I believe that if only the last suffix changed, it will be compatable. If the switches make connection across the same wires, it doesn't matter. Jump a 12V signal to the pcm wire that takes the on signal to see it that turns on the dash light.

Back