• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Damn thieves!

md11fan

NAXJA Forum User
So last night, sometime in the early morning my 2000 Xj got broken into right in front of my house, the alarm didnt go off, nothing. They ended up stealing my brand new alpine head unit, my garmin gps, some other small things.XIt suck to think that why buy nice stuff if its just going to get stolen from some punk that thinks they want the same thing for free. Anyway does anyone know were to get a good alarm system, and how to better prevent this from happening again?

-John :soapbox:

as much as tupton sounds like Captain Obvious, he's right. Honestly theives dont care about alarms but they help sometimes depending on the thief's experience.

Might be kinda hard to mount a tripwire in a Jeep...;)

Don't leave windows cracked, catches the crooks eye, makes the cops downgrade your theft to a civil suit about which they care not, gives them an easier path in. Anything nice, keep hidden. Get a Tuffy security console to put your GPS, Alpine faceplate, etc in so it's not visible, and if they break in anyways, it's a lot harder to get to. Sure, most times you can contact the manufacturer and get a new faceplate, but that's an extra hassle on their part, more delay to making a profit on the sale of your property, makes them less likely to go for it.

I always expect someone to break in and steal my stuff. so I either hide everything or buy used online. In my XJ I had an amp behind the trim panel on the passenger side rear quarter so without removing panels and stuff they wouldn't find it. In my bronco, I installed my am in the center console (its a bitch to get it in or out) and I paid $100 for 2 12" JL audio subs in a box. I figure if they break in a steal my shi...stuff I will be more angry about the damage to get in than the money lost.

Viper 791x .. and, why would you not DETACH you Detachable face plate?! And leave stuff in plain site. If it is out of site, its outta mind.

Back