• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is this a good deal?

jonesinxj

NAXJA Forum User
Good Evening,
I am new to this site and so far i have been very impressed. You could say I am a newb with a capitol N... but I am learning. :wave1:
I am going to look at this entire setup tomorrow, I know this is a great deal, but is there anything I should be cautious of? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

I have a near new Rubico Express 3.5 inch lift kit for a Cherokee or even a Comanche. Call for More Details More items that pictured $850.00 Kit no. RE6025 3.5 Super Ride with Additional Components.
RE1300 3.5 in. Front Springs installed then removed. New 3.5 in. Rear Spring Packs with Bushings & Rear Pinion Shim. These are New, never installed. Upper fixed front control arms RE3781 installed then removed. Lower fixed front control arms RE3705 installed then removed. Rebuilt Rubicon Express Re1600 Heavy Duty Track Bar assembly & the Factory Track Bar Frame Bracket that has already been modified for installation. New RE2500 Drop Pitman Arm spring U-bolts & plates for a dana 35 & or 8 1/4 rear axle. Plates & U-bolts for 8.8 not included. Rancho 9000 adjustable front shock extended length, Rears are stock length Ford Explorer 8.8 rear axle. 3.73 gears, Drum Brake This has been re perched to a spring over set up with the shock mounts relocated center line. The rear driveline yoke is included. No shock brackets hanging down for better rear axle assembly clearence. This uses stock length XJ/TJ shocks. No Master cylinder mod needed. All this is bolt on. this kit can be modified to 4.5 and 5.5 inches of lift with a pair of Front Spring spacers and Rear Extended Shackles for more height. All this stuff for $850.00 More Questions Call or Email Me.

Good Evening,
I have a near new Rubico Express 3.5 inch lift kit for a Cherokee or even a Comanche. Call for More Details More items that pictured $850.00 Kit no. RE6025 3.5 Super Ride with Additional Components.
RE1300 3.5 in. Front Springs installed then removed. New 3.5 in. Rear Spring Packs with Bushings & Rear Pinion Shim. These are New, never installed. Upper fixed front control arms RE3781 installed then removed. Lower fixed front control arms RE3705 installed then removed. Rebuilt Rubicon Express Re1600 Heavy Duty Track Bar assembly & the Factory Track Bar Frame Bracket that has already been modified for installation. New RE2500 Drop Pitman Arm. spring U-bolts & plates for a dana 35 & or 8 1/4 rear axle. Plates & U-bolts for 8.8 not included. Rancho 9000 adjustable front shock extended length, Rears are stock length.
Ford Explorer 8.8 rear axle. 3.73 gears, Drum Brake This has been re perched to a spring over set up with the shock mounts relocated center line. The rear driveline yoke is included. No shock brackets hanging down for better rear axle assembly clearence. This uses stock length XJ/TJ shocks. No Master cylinder mod needed. All this is bolt on. this kit can be modified to 4.5 and 5.5 inches of lift with a pair of Front Spring spacers and Rear Extended Shackles for more height. All this stuff for $850.00 More Questions Call or Email Me.

THis didn't make sense to me at all the first several times I read it.
I assume that the way I have modified it is the way I should read it?
IF this is the case, they are selling a 3.5" RE lift and a 8.8 rear axle?

It ONLY makes sense to me if this is the lift you really want and is the rear axle the right gear ratio for you? It is a drum brake set up so it really has VERY little value other than the VERY little welding and cleaning that might have been done (assuming it has been done right).

HTH,
Michael

THis didn't make sense to me at all the first several times I read it.
I assume that the way I have modified it is the way I should read it? The blue stuff still makes no sense to me.
IF this is the case, they are selling a 3.5" RE lift and a 8.8 rear axle?

It ONLY makes sense to me if this is the lift you really want and is the rear axle the right gear ratio for you? It is a drum brake set up so it really has VERY little value other than the VERY little welding and cleaning that might have been done (assuming it has been done right).

HTH,
Michael

Thanks guys! Yes this is the lift and gear ratio I was looking for as I have a HP Dana 30 for the front with 373 gears ready to in and the POS that I have in the back of jeep is welded right now ( I hate it) I think his pricing is a little high, but I am hoping I can talk him down :)

I had a hard time reading the ad myself! Like you I had to read it multiple times and ended up breaking it down into pieces.

IYHO, what would you guys offer him for this setup?

Thanks

Thanks guys! Yes this is the lift and gear ratio I was looking for as I have a HP Dana 30 for the front with 373 gears ready to in and the POS that I have in the back of jeep is welded right now ( I hate it) I think his pricing is a little high, but I am hoping I can talk him down :)

I had a hard time reading the ad myself! Like you I had to read it multiple times and ended up breaking it down into pieces.

IYHO, what would you guys offer him for this setup?

Thanks

I couldn't tell you what it might be worth to others, but here is how I would work it out.

Axle:
I have found these axles for less than $100 multiple times on CL, U Pull its etc. If it is exactly what you want with the right gear ratio and isn't too far to go get it, it is probably worth about $100.

Lift:
I usually start at 1/2 what the retail value is, if it really has never been used then maybe go up from there. Personally I would take money off for the shocks (I wouldn't want them) and a few other items that I wouldn't want on my Jeep like the pitman arm.

Just my thoughts,
Michael

My first opinion was that this was some kind of Spam, even though he was asking for opinions.
Due to the typing.

Listen to Michael.
From what I have watched. Not only Lift Parts, but MOST Aftermarket parts are only valued at 1/2 price. Have seen a few exceptions to the rule when it comes to Tuner Cars.

Awesome thanks guys! I am supposed to meet up with this guy here in a bit. I have done some pricing of the parts he has available at (new) cost... So I think I can work from there. If I dont get it, oh well I will keep looking. Thank again for all your help!!

ok so I got everything i needed, got the entire setup plus some other goodies from him for about 600!! other goodies included brand new drop bracket for the control arms, both a set of the rancho's (I know they are garbage) and some skyjacker softrides. also got matching 3.73 gear set with 3rd member for the dana 30, some H4's, a new wiper linkage, oh yeah and a SYE kit!!

Anyway, I have already started tearing the jeep apart and have the rear axle and springs out and the new ones in. I am gonna weld up the tubes on the 8.8 before I put it in and I have also decided that I am gonna reuse my 2 in spacer and shackle kit for a grand total of 5.5 inches!!!

Back