• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

chrysler 8.25 ,yukon ring gear=problem?

bigglee

NAXJA Forum User
my friend and i are in the process of installing a yukon 4.56 ring and pinion in my 1999 sport.he is the more mechanically inclined person when it comes to rears.the rear diff was rebuilt about a year ago with ally usa 29 spline shafts,detroit locker and 4.11 gears.well,my friend says that the yukon ring gear is about 1/4 inch too thick to be installed.this just doesn't sound right to me.does anyone have any tips/suggestions for the install? i have a feeling that we're missing something (procedure wise).has anyone ever heard of anything like this? any help would be greatly appreciated.i want my rig back on the road! thanks,lee

Last edited:
You'll have to grind down a tooth or two to get the crosshaft back in.:cheers:

Should be straight forward,unless you got sent gears for some other axle!

You'll have to grind down a tooth or two to get the crosshaft back in.:cheers:

Yes,when installing the ring gear,try to index it so the crosshaft falls between 2 teeth.

You ask, get answers, thank people for them...and ask again?

yeah,because maybe i'm not thoroughly clear with the answers.now,you seem to be of lower intellegence,so seeing that your incapable of following the flow of the thread,i'll break it down for simpleton's,like yourself.i thanked the people who had already answered.following me so far rocket scientist? then i asked other members ,who hadn't anwered for input.now,if you dont have anything constructive to add,run along and go be an annoying little clown somewhere else.
as for everyone else,thanks for the info so far,keep it coming.
well fella's,i guess shaving teeth it is.that sux.had i have known that,i woulda stuck with the 4.11's!

Last edited:
yeah,because maybe i'm not thoroughly clear with the answers.now,you seem to be of lower intellegence,so seeing that your incapable of following the flow of the thread,i'll break it down for simpleton's,like yourself.i thanked the people who had already answered.following me so far rocket scientist? then i asked other members ,who hadn't anwered for input.now,if you dont have anything constructive to add,run along and go be an annoying little clown somewhere else.
well fella's,i guess shaving teeth it is.that sux.had i have known that,i woulda stuck with the 4.11's!
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::moon:

:laugh2:

4.11 suck. Grinding the teeth does nothing to hurt the integrity of the gear.

:laugh2:

4.11 suck. Grinding the teeth does nothing to hurt the integrity of the gear.

canman,you are so right,the 4.11's do suck,big time! especially since i'm running 33's.its funny that you mention hurting the integrity by grinding cause that was my only concern about grinding.now that i see thats its been done before,with no ill effects,i cant wait to get my grinder out 2moro!
lol,glad i made you guys laugh! why is it that theres always some troll on the internet?all i'm tryin to do is get answer an and everyone is helpful and courteous.then you run into people dribbling out useless comments.oh well,i uess thats part and parcel of communicating on the internet.
jd,looks like we have a very similar setup.i have the tnt 5.5 with 33's too! thanks everybody!

Last edited:
jd,looks like we have a very similar setup.i have the tnt 5.5 with 33's too! thanks everybody!

Yup I'm in the middle of doing that WJ brake knuckle and steering swap. What a PIA:gag:. I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end. Speaking of the stats I have someupdating to do to my sig.
:cheers:

Just grind the gear, no biggie.

canman,you are so right,the 4.11's do suck,big time! especially since i'm running 33's.its funny that you mention hurting the integrity by grinding cause that was my only concern about grinding.now that i see thats its been done before,with no ill effects,i cant wait to get my grinder out 2moro!
lol,glad i made you guys laugh! why is it that theres always some troll on the internet?all i'm tryin to do is get answer an and everyone is helpful and courteous.then you run into people dribbling out useless comments.oh well,i uess thats part and parcel of communicating on the internet.

Back