• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Durable ARB Airline?

SS lines are available.

Would you worry about a stick or something ripping the SS line out of the fitting?
Well I guess you can worry about anything/everything,but in 10 yrs Ive never had any problem with my plastic lines!

ARB sells a repair kit that includes 5 feet of line and a couple of quick connects. Cut out the bad section of line, use the quick connects to install the new line and you are done. It costs about $30. It also includes new ferrules and some other misc. parts.

Edit: http://www.tellico4x4.com/product_i.../2180?osCsid=d5b8bca52e75bbbdcae5a904545baa6c

That's what I carry. I've got ARB's HDAL (heavy duty air line) coming off the diffs, but after that it's all plastic. 6 years of hard use since the originals were installed and it's not leaking or cracking.

Tie the lines down better? That way there won't be excess slack to get caught on stuff.

If you swap the lines and fittings out for 1/4" air lines, it's a lot cheaper/easier to find/carry spares. I've got a handful of quick connect couplers and extra air line in my trail box already.
dunno.gif

Billy

What about using lengths of hard brake line / fuel line where possible, keeping flexible line to a minimum? The brake line and fittings are rated to stupid-psi : are they big enough to flow the needed air to the locker?

What about using lengths of hard brake line / fuel line where possible, keeping flexible line to a minimum? The brake line and fittings are rated to stupid-psi : are they big enough to flow the needed air to the locker?

The adapters might be a PITA... if that's the case, you could run it inside a section of hard line
shrug.gif

Billy

Back