• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough, Low Idle, Slow Start.

abzrocka

NAXJA Forum User
1992 4.0

So it takes three or four long starts before the rig fires up. After it does the idle it low and rough. When giving it some gas there it either wants to cut out or there is hesitation before response. The oddest symptom (to me anyway) is when driving if I give it gas along with the sputtering loss of power there is also a popping sound coming from what seems like the front drivers side.

So I put in a new fuel filter and cleaned up the battery. I will check the plugs when the engine cools. I from my searches it may be the fuel pump so I will pick up a gauge and give that a check. Anything else I should do?

The popping sound worries me I didn't see it listed on any other posts. Anyone know what it could be?

Thanks.

is it an engine pop(misfire), if not it could be a bad control arm or swaybar bushing, the tre of trackbar needs lubed, axle mount bolt is loose or wollowing out the mount.

Back