• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Walker down pipe question

XJ AV8R

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.walkerexhaust.com/catalog/ExhaustCouponScreen.asp

Walker shows a different part number for the front pipe for 87-90(44320) and 91-92(44626). I have a '91 and was wondering if anyone knows the difference between the two. The 87-90 is just over HALF the price of the 91-92 locally.

It seems that on other websites, Crown and Omix-Ada don't show this year break. They show '87-'92 all in one. Why does Walker show a difference???

Thanks for your help!!

Nobody?

Walker is closed, unfortunately. I figured somebody may have run across this before. The sooner I figure this out the sooner the parts house can truck it down from their warehouse. If it won't work then I will have to get it online and wait for it to be shipped. I have time now so I was hoping this may work!

It seems that on other websites, Crown and Omix-Ada don't show this year break. They show '87-'92 all in one.

Wow...that's pretty bad considering we're talking about 2 significantly different engines. They really should show a break....

Walker is correct - and I would trust them more considering they specialize in exhaust...

Thanks for the input guys. I too was kind of surprised that the year break was missing on so many websites after some checking around. I ended up ordering the Walker variety, so now I sit until it arrives so I can finish the exhaust up! I can't wait to hear the difference the Dynomax exhaust will make. It sounds like a farting Honda right now with all of my exhaust leaks. Yay rust!

87-90 lacks the 02 sensor bung while 91< has one. I imagine that's your main price difference.

I never even thought of that...of course Renix doesn't have an O2 sensor. That makes it even more baffling that the year break would be missing in so many places online.

I never even thought of that...of course Renix doesn't have an O2 sensor. That makes it even more baffling that the year break would be missing in so many places online.
Yeah, that's very odd. Renix actually does have an 02 sensor, it's just up in the exhaust manifold. Otherwise the connection at the manifold is really the only difference bend wise, but I bet they really get you for that 02 bung. I've always had good luck just cutting that section out at the junkyard but I can certainly understand you wanting to go new.

I'll shut up about the Renix now before I display any further lack of knowledge:D. I thought about hitting the pick and pull but this down pipe has seen nearly 213,000 miles, some of it on the salted winter roads of the midwest. I figure if I just get a new one it will be the last one I put on it...hopefully.

Back