• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need advice,, Im looking for another 1.5" out back

jimmydaux

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, Ive been looking to get about an inch and a half lift out of my weathered RE SF 4.5 lift. Ill be doing spacers up front, but need to figure out how to get the back up a bit more without giving up flex or ride. I think the springs are set up pretty good for down travel, as they dont have too much sitting spring arch so they are able to drop a fair amount. Ive also got good angles on the shackles. I guess my options are blocks, new springs, add another leaf to the RE pack to arch it a little bit more, drop the shackle mounts down more, or a much longer shackle. I guess each of them have their downsides. Would I be better off using F150 springs and stretching my shackle mounting locations? Id like to keep the shackle profile as small as possible so it doesnt drag a lot but that will be made worse by moving the shackle mount down, longer shackle or F150 springs with shackle moved back.

Do any of you leaf spring gurus have any advice for me keeping, in mind that innexpensive is my goal. (i.e. want to avoid buying a new spring pack)

Would a 1.5 inch block destroy my springs? Do these springs look like they are starting to wrap already or is that typical for leaf springs to flatten a little bit towards the shackle side?

DSC07128.JPG

DSC07129.JPG

DSC07130.JPG

Last edited:
I have the same lift . Put blocks in the rear havn't had any problems....

Good Luck

Nick

PS Paint them rusty springs

Perfect candidate for hd offroad shackle relocation brackets, more flex and better ride, and some lift!

I've already got relocation brackets. My shackle use to be straight up and down, now its right at 45°. Haha, thanks for pointing out my cancerous steel. Im going to pull everything apart and paint it all this summer once I can get back to my garage.

I've already got relocation brackets. My shackle use to be straight up and down, now its right at 45°. Haha, thanks for pointing out my cancerous steel. Im going to pull everything apart and paint it all this summer once I can get back to my garage.
get lift shackles and adjusts your brackets, if you didnt weld them solid. I did some semi permanent welds so I could adjust them in the future

How long a lift shackle is too long? These are the Rubicon ones that are 5" eye to eye I believe. The Tabs are welded on pretty good but Id be able to move them without too much trouble.

Back