• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEED HELP!! Just installed a RC 4.5 lift

rkates

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so as it states, I just installed RC 4.5 on a 95. I was running roughly 2 1/2- 2 3/4'' bb. I already had a pro comp adj track bar on it. To make a long story short I have a popping sound from what sounds like the front passenger side?? maybe? I have not installed a sye yet and even with the TC drop I still have a def vib. (SYE on order) Before you suggest to retighten the bolts, I snugged everything before it hit the ground. At that point I torqued EVERYTHING down. Drove it around the block. Then repeated process. I done this three times. At this point I took it for a joy ride. bumped out of the driveway and heard clunk. Hit a bump in a parkinglot or while driving slowly and I hear clunk. Hit the road this morning to go to work and no clunk on the main road when I am at speed. One of the roads are pretty rough too. Hit the interstate and no clunk. Slow down pull in parking lot and clunk.
I am pretty mech. incline, but I still need to ask this question:
Is it possible the clunk is from the slip yoke? I've checked everything I could think of, If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

Thanks for any help
Robert

Is it possible the trac bar is loose. Im not sure which mount you are using but the trac bar nut in the stock frame end mount comes loose on mine and it clunked alot when I turned. Once I pulled the cotter pin and tightened it up the clunk stopped. This is on a stock trac bar and mount but if yours is a similar style it could cause the clunk

The pro comp adj bar I have has the heim joint in the top.

Are you talking about the bolt on the track bar or the bracket itself? I did recheck the track bar bolts since I had to pull the top loose to readjust it.

I was talking about the trac bar itself. I meant the nut on the tie rod end of the factory trac bar. If you have the heim end then I dont think that would be it unless it is binding during turns/bumps. The whole in my frame mount is wallowed out so the trac bar keeps coming loose. This makes for very sloppy steering and eventually leads to a clunk when it loosens enough. I think it is because the trac bar binds against the mount then slips free due to the nut moving 1/4" up the threads until it reaches the cotter pin.

Go under an tighten every nut an bolt again.. You could have missed one..Also make sure you tighten your shocks in front..Check the bushing on top of the shocks too

Back