• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Wagoneer in sight...some questions.

Rodrigo_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hello!

The thing is that I am about to purchase an 88 Wagoneer Limited in stunning great condition. Here in Europe is a very rare Jeep and I have some doubts about this model. I wonder if you could help me, please.

First..let me introduce her:
aforo2.jpg

Here the engine.....only 86.000 Km (I think around 60K miles)
ohp.jpg

oigjuiu.jpg

Here the cockpit, it´s perfect
ggfgfff.jpg

The original Jeep radio cassette
opopfff.jpg

The cargo area
vvvfv.jpg

First doubt.......Dana44?
fjfjfjf.jpg

And the mistery VIN.....I have consulted some VIN decoders with no luck. Any help??????' I only know she was asembled in Venezuela
ggffgfgfgfg.jpg

Any help and comment welcomed.
Thanks in advance

Rodrigo

Hello!

The thing is that I am about to purchase an 88 Wagoneer Limited in stunning great condition. Here in Europe is a very rare Jeep and I have some doubts about this model. I wonder if you could help me, please.

First..let me introduce her:
aforo2.jpg

Here the engine.....only 86.000 Km (I think around 60K miles)
ohp.jpg

oigjuiu.jpg

Here the cockpit, it´s perfect
ggfgfff.jpg

The original Jeep radio cassette
opopfff.jpg

The cargo area
vvvfv.jpg

First doubt.......Dana44?
fjfjfjf.jpg

And the mistery VIN.....I have consulted some VIN decoders with no luck. Any help??????' I only know she was asembled in Venezuela
ggffgfgfgfg.jpg

Any help and comment welcomed.
Thanks in advance

Rodrigo

I'm not too sure about the Axles, but all I can say is that is pretty much my EXACT car, down to the color and everything. Yours is in much better shape though, has it been restored? I'd be happy to run a CARFAX on it for you if you'd like, but that doesn't seem to be a standard VIN to me, and the last few digits are kinda obscured by the camera flash. I will definitely be using your pics as reference for my rebuild if nothing else.

Also, mine also has those strips in the cargo area, but are badly rusted. Does anyone know the proper term for these things or a place to get them? All of junkyard ones I've seen are in worse condition than the ones I already have. I'd love to get one of those wood grain instrument bezels too (mine's cracked!)

Hi again, guys....
The car hasn't been restored at all, she's in original pristine condition. I'll post some more pics ASAP, maybe then be somehow useful for your project, Overflow...If you need any pic of any certain part, don't hesitate to ask for them, I'll gladly sort it out.

The car was brought to Spain back in 1990 by a spanish army Officer who was a military attaché at Spanish Embassy at Caracas, Venezuela. He bought the car brand new one or two years earlier and the he was deployed to the Canary islands by then. It's been very well looked after since then and according to what I've been told she was a "weekend car" for years...Please note the fuel prices here had nothing to do with yours :) :) :)

Best regards...

That is a rear D44, looks like an 88 waggy should to me, but I've never seen one in that good of shape. Is the front a 44 also? I hear some Venezuelen XJs came with D44s...

I would guess its a 44. Its defiantly not a 35 or 44

:huh:
You guess it's a 44, but it's definately not a 35 or 44?
The cover is in the shape of a 44, but I don't know about the rubber plug, I thought that they came on the C8.25?

thats not an 8.25 or a D35! It has to be a D44!

To the OP i would buy that thing in a heartbeat its nice!

I thought that the waggies had the all red tail lights and not the half red half amber? I have an 88 wagoneer LTD and it has the all red ones. Was that an option, or maybe it has to do with where it is from?

Definitely a 44 in the rear. Would be cool if the front was also. Very clean. Only negative thing would be the closed cooling system.

Holy sh*t, that is the cleanest waggy I've ever seen. I'm drooling right now. I don't think I've ever seen an XJ wagoneer that clean in a picture, let alone real life. You found a heck of a car.

Yes, thats a D44 rear, as stated.

As has been posted... that's the CLEANEST XJ Wagoneer I've ever seen!!! That'd be a great snag.

My son's '87 Wagoneer is not NEARLY that nice... only in his dreams. :)

Unbelievably clean waggy you have found there! If the price is reasonable, I say get it. Fair warning; It will likely need every engine seal replaced with that kind of mileage on a jeep that old.

this is what she'll look like after leaving it in the sun for a while:

100_0711.jpg

and here is what the stock tail lights look like for reference:
100_0712.jpg

Yeah, that's the gold pkg :pimpin:

Back