• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trailer idea... Let me know what you think

AJTorris

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so my neighbor told me that one of his buddies parents have an 87 cherokee wagoneer in their back yard that i can get for $150. It is all there minus the t-case. Awesome deal i think... I need the back window because i broke mine.

But here is my idea. I plan on guting the entire thing out so i will just have the body there. (so if you need parts let me know.) I was thinking that if i gut it all the way out i could turn it into a camp trailer. Where the cargo area it i want to build a platform that will go all the way to the dash for a sleeping area. The space below it where the seats were at i could put a water tank in there. I could use the rest of it as storage. I figured doing it like this the wife and our two year old could sleep in it. I could then take the tranny hump out of the floor and it would make it where i could have more storage under the platform. I could leave the doors so that they can open and make the platform so that i can open it at the doors and have acess to the storage.

If anyone has anything to say about this let me know... It sounds like a good idea but if i am over looking anything let me know.

yes it was on here. He cut off the front clip and put a second tail gate I think in the front so it opens both ways. Done very well, but can't find the post right now. Maybe someone else can chime in.

here is the one I was thinking of

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=914369&highlight=XJ+trailer

normal_pic_25.jpg

I saw an early 90's Caravan that was chopped off behind front doors. You could either open the back or the sliding door on the passenger side. It was wired up to use the factory tail lights.

Back