• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing Electric fan on 98

98XJ-ID

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 98 that I rolled a couple years back an the electric fan got damaged. I found a good deal on an OEM fan so I'm just going to replace it. Question is do you have to remove the radiator to replace the stock electric fan with a OEM replacement?

Thanks in advance.

Josh

maybe it's just mine but that bugger was a pain to get out, now getting the replacement is proving to be just as much of a bitch. maybe im just dumb lol

I got the replacement for my 98 on Ebay from a vendor called Fresh Cabin Air. I think it was $50 shipped including the shroud. Works great so far. That would be my recommendation.

As far as getting it out, once you undo those two bolts up top, you might have to tug a little if the tabs at the bottom are stuck. That's all that holds it in though. Make sure you unplug it before you go tugging on it. It really shouldn't be difficult at all.

Back