• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dave - Team NAXJA disqualified in KOH LCQ

mattyj

NAXJA Forum User
Looks like Dave Taylors rig was disqualified after needing assistance to bring his rig back to four wheels after a roll on Backdoor in this mornings LCQ!

Man, that sucks!!!!!!

from pirate...

jiKfNyLDvJkohlcq09132.jpg

That sucks!

From Pirate4x4

"Unofficially from XJ Ranger --- the 51x was disqualified after his rollover. KOH rules for LCQ say you can recover yourself but once officials roll you over you are DQ...and that was reported way early for 51X."

Sucks to hear..

crap! I had no idea Backdoor was part of it this year.

Dammit, that sucks for David. they beleive he was a lock in on the LCQ

Did we have two rigs in this? Or is this the one Goatman was involved in?

Did we have two rigs in this? Or is this the one Goatman was involved in?

Team NAXJA has two Rigs.

Goat is driving the other one, I had heard that he rolled on a practice run yesterday but is ok.

Awesome picture.

Man, Bajacurt is like humidity... he is freakin everywhere!!! I saw curt up there yesterday, will probably see him at Morongo next weekend, then most likely San Felipe the weekend after!!! Ahhh the desert is good!

its funny and yet wrong..

They had this hard set of "rules" that the longer the race took the more they threw out the window.

I was set up on the start and just as Shannon started (fastest damn starter out there that was for sure) we went to Aftershock Z. We got to the Z about 5 min before the first rig got to Aftershock. The first 3 got there and threw without a issue but thats when it all got hectic. After a huge pile up I was hearing the "rules" be spit like it was a you have to know type thing. The recovery and official guy was saying things like, "MOVE get away from there, if you spot him once more he's DQ'd", Dont touch that rig or he will be DQ'd!" "dont hand him ANYTHING or he's DQ'd" ect...

Well camo was the first to flop on Aftershock after the Z even but before the clear. They were on him like stink on crap. The one of the nicest guys out there and yet only him and his co driver and his busted up not mounted winch and a high lift. a hour later he righted it and off they went. People were not able to spot others even. Nada.

Then about 2 hours later on aftershock there was spotting but others for others and even walker evens was spotting most on a alt detour that was awesome. Dustin even yelled at walker to stop spotting his car, then relized it was walker when he turned and Dustin said "opps you know I love ya walker"

Then about 1PM on sledge we were able to watch most all the rigs and there was more flops with groups coming outa the crowd and pushing the rigs upright again, spect. pulling line for the single drivers, etc. AND I KNOW one of the rigs would not have made it without a group of about 10 people that helps push as line was being pulled and such.

Anyways Goatman made it and Jessie hung out with him and team naxja for a Long time after the finish. Great race, finish and after race time, thats for sure!

Back