• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC Drop Bracket n UCA

EFR98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Installed my new 4.5 leaf packs the other day. I measured the lift (dirty method) to be 7"ish with HD shackle relocation bracket (.5" gained) and 1.5" shackle. Front measures 5.5". To unrake this I'm going to have to go a little over 6". According to RC's DB chart, the stock UCA measures 15" and at 6" of lift the UCA has to measure 1/8" longer. Thats just a C-hair! Can I get away with my stock UCA? Will I need to get a ZJ pitman arm? I never thought I'd venture into the Sixes. Thanks again

Nice! At that height did you have to lower the pitman and the track bar? I've read alot of threads and some are dropped and some arent. Doing this tomorrow after work so I'm just getting ready for any surprises with my steering geometry.

control arm length is determined by caster and pinion angle. any chart ive seen is only rough estimate of what it should be and the proper way is to get the caster and pinion angle set as close as possible to spec(pinion being more important)

as for the steering geometry, the stock TRE on the draglink is at its limit in terms of operating angles. for the trackbar, it should be parrallel with the draglink. at that height i would want a HD trackbar with bracket to run in double shear.

Thanks I'm going to throw her on the alignment rack at work Saturday. I dont know how everyone calculates their lift but I go by the DIRTY method. After doing the front I got 7". I may be doing it wrong. As far as geometry I'm lost. I know its supposed to be parallel but I have Rustys adj. trac bar and its Z shaped. Here is a pic. Please let me know what you think.

steering.jpg

Thanks I'm going to throw her on the alignment rack at work Saturday. I dont know how everyone calculates their lift but I go by the DIRTY method. After doing the front I got 7". I may be doing it wrong. As far as geometry I'm lost. I know its supposed to be parallel but I have Rustys adj. trac bar and its Z shaped. Here is a pic. Please let me know what you think.

steering.jpg

you draw a line from mount to mount for the drag link and for the trackbar.

those lines should be close to parrallel as possible.

from your pic, it looks like a drop pitman arm would bring the draglink down to get it parallel with the trackbar. it would also help the TRE's on the draglink a bit. stock steering and 7" of lift is not the best setup.

Back