• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My first REAL fab project

fiyerbirdie

NAXJA Forum User
I kinda learned to weld.
so.....
I made some shackle relocate boxes.

CIMG1898.jpg

CIMG1901.jpg

CIMG1902.jpg

I found some 8.5" bilstein 5150's so I need to drop the upper rear mounts. I used the rear swaybar bracket, cut and welded to flatstock, so the bushing rotates like it does stock.

CIMG1889.jpg

CIMG1893.jpg

I started with gas to tack it together, then used the arc. The guy showing me the ropes said tig is next for me?!? I guess I'm skipping mig???

It is all 1/4, because that is what was available. Hopefully tomorrow I'm gonna have the pros weld it to the unibody. It'll use the stock bolt to, with a sleeve where the shackle would be to firm everything up.

Welding is fun!

I started with gas to tack it together, then used the arc. The guy showing me the ropes said tig is next for me?!? I guess I'm skipping mig???

It is all 1/4, because that is what was available. Hopefully tomorrow I'm gonna have the pros weld it to the unibody. It'll use the stock bolt to, with a sleeve where the shackle would be to firm everything up.

Welding is fun!

TIG all depends on the welder. My brain can't talk to my foot, so I have to use the finger mounted switch. Other than that it's really not that hard to do.

Welding is fun!
the next thing is, you'll be sitting there in the garage bored as heck, and bammmmm somethins getting welded together:D

Back