• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Constantly having odd noises in the front end

SpenceXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've had my xj for almost a year now, since then I've put on procomp lower ca's, adjustable track bar, 4.5 springs, 3 inch springs and 2 inch shackles in the back. I also have RC control arm drops. I'm not sure when it started but I constantly have a clunking which seems to come from the passenger side front. It happens when im coming to a fast stop, braking in reverse, taking left turns at slow speeds or fast left turns. Its really really weird and never goes away. There is also a creaking like a dry piece of rubber rubbing on something when I brake in reverse or flex.

Any causes for this stuff and ways to fix it?

the list is long on what "could" cause it, but I'd look closely at control arm bushings. You've got new ones with the new lower arms, but the uppers could have some slop which will allow the axle to try to rotate when braking or changing direction.

Id still take a good look at the lca's since PC arms suck!

Back