• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I found my ideal ZJ seats. :)

I am jealous. I searched and searched for ZJ seats but when I came upon the 3-way adjustable XJ seats out of a barn queen. My dad and I used 1"angle iron that formed a bridge between the removed stock seat mounts. Actually you only need to use 3 of the stock mounts. The inner rear mounts were perfect so we just mocked up the angles, I sat in it, changed the angles and welded it up.
I have pictures somewhere and have been meaning to post them but...with what time. Sooner or later.
Any questions?

hm, what had to be welded ? i was thinking that the only problem that i could run into would be the mounting holes on the bottom of the leathers not lining up with the spots on my current seat base.

If you've got a 95+, and seats from a ZJ, you unbolt your stock seats from the sliders, and bolt the ZJ seats in. No welding, no fab, just the 4 nuts that hold the seat to the rails. If they're power, you run a fused hot wire to the red wire in the seat's plugs, and ground the black- this lets you use the power recline and lumbar, with the manual sliders. Super simple.

What year is your XJ?

If its 95+ they're bolt in.

If its 94- you'll need to fab some adapters.

Search harder, there is plenty on this topic.

i have a 98 and got the answers i need :) Tan leather Zj seats aren't easy to find around here. I'll offer the guy a $100.

I got a pair of 96 ZJ manual seats in gray cloth for $60. Exactly what I wanted for mine. I wish I could find a matching rear that wasn't halfway across the country.

I paid $120 for perfect condition Heated 96ZJ seats, They bolt right to the XJ seats frame, But you lose the electric up/down/foward/reverse, The tilt is part of the upper seat frame so when DC is connected up it works fine.
In order to get the rest of the stuff to work you have to do a little fabrication on the brackets.

Thats the ZJ style seat i'm looking for in Gray. I hear they are extremely comfortable.

I did the swap tonight, and no they aren't that great. I'm considering just putting my old broken XJ seats back in. I'm too close to the wheel, the left side of the bottom of the seat just seems like it has NO support so you find yourself leaning on the door. Also, the back feels like it has a lumbar feature that's pushed out as far as it will go. I was looking for a "sink into" kind of seat, and these are not those kind of seats.

I just took a decent ride and I guess they aren't that bad. The worst part is the leather cleaner/conditioner made them slippery.

100_3522.jpg

Back