• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel injectors clogged? Bad connection?

AZCA jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
A little history. Every once in a blue moon I would notice my engine would sound "different" , kind of like a carburated engine rather than fuel injected. A little less smooth, more rough, almost as if it was starving for fuel. My simple fix was to turn or adjust the fuel injectors until it would run smooth again (you could hear the difference)

So driving home today I noticed it again sounded different. When I got home I wriggled and wriggled and wriggled the fuel injectors to no avail. I opened up the connection (where the wires feed into it) and found some corrosion, enough to hinder the connection. After some scrubbing with a wire brush and cleaning I tried it again and still the difference persisted. It not only sounds different idling, but also every time you shift and begin to gas it again. So what's my next step? I know the IAC is fine, just replaced that not too long ago and checked it just last month. I was looking at some new fuel injectors anyway. Should I just get them, put them in, and see if there's a difference? Can anyone think of what else could be starving the engine for fuel?

Here's kind of what it sounds like. Similar to what you hear beginning at 2:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql6OPnioX60&feature=related

Back