• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny crossmember problem. Need help

rookcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
So i'm just getting around to replacing the tranny mount and I'm having some trouble with it. I started taking the bolts holding the crossmember to the frame and could only get the right side off. The left bolts are spinning but not coming off. Any one know of why it's doing this. Any help at all would be great. Thanks!

The nut-certs (rivet-nuts) inside the frame rail have come loose. I would just bend the cross member enough to get the new tranny mount installed and call it good. Otherwise you are going to have to remove the spinning bolts and get some replacement nut-certs (rivet-nuts) and install them.

Using the Search function and net-certs or cross member as search terms will bring up similar threads with additional info.

If you really wanted to you can use a holesaw drill a hole in the frame where your nut's are spinning and use a wrench to hold spining nut and fix it like so.

If you really wanted to you can use a holesaw drill a hole in the frame where your nut's are spinning and use a wrench to hold spining nut and fix it like so.
Except,its not a nut,its a "nut-cert" and is round.

Back