• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HID Question

XJMilan

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched and haven't found the exact answer I am looking for.

I have a wagoneer with the dual headlights on each side and what I want to do is keep the low beams standard head lights and make the high beams HID's for offroading. It is even possible? Would it be just the same as doing a standard HID conversion on a XJ? Would I have to modify my wiring or anything else other then a new housing? H4 e-code housing? Would I be better off going a different route?

I don't know much about vehicle electrical. Are the low beams and high beams ran through the same wiring or different since they are different housings?

I am pretty sure the housings on a waggy are smaller than a standard XJ so I need to find the right housings if they even make them.

Has anyone done this or can anyone give me some help/advise? Thanks.

the housings are much more expensive because they are a less common bulb style. they can be found on ebay, and it wouldnt be very hard to do, you would go about it the same way as you would for the norrmal XJ headlights once you got ahold of the housings. shoot a PM to "tcm glx" he may have a source on the housings, i know he sells the HID conversion kits.

good luck, i'd like to swap a waggy grill onto my MJ and do the same thing, if you pull it off post up some pics or (even better :D) a writeup on the swap.

the housings are much more expensive because they are a less common bulb style. they can be found on ebay, and it wouldnt be very hard to do, you would go about it the same way as you would for the norrmal XJ headlights once you got ahold of the housings. shoot a PM to "tcm glx" he may have a source on the housings, i know he sells the HID conversion kits.

good luck, i'd like to swap a waggy grill onto my MJ and do the same thing, if you pull it off post up some pics or (even better :D) a writeup on the swap.

Thanks dude. I will PM TCM GLX because as of right now it is a non starter since I can't find the housings.

Back