• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TPS

98_XJ_Classic

NAXJA Forum User
When it comes to the throttle position sensor is their one out there that is better than the rest, or thats worth paying the extra mula for? Also how much should i expect to pay for a blower motor resistor.

Last edited:
$33 at Rock Auto. To save money, junkyards are definitely an option here as long as you know how to test it out with an ohmmeter. They don't wear out, they just blow. If it works and doesn't show signs of overheating, it's as good as a new one.

Unless you know for sure that your TPS is bad try disconnecting your battery and letting it sit for a half hour or so, then reconnect it and take it for a long 30-45 minute drive so the ECU relearns. I had what I thought was a dead spot for like a year and a half since the new engine went in and was on the verge of replacing it when my alternator went, disconnected the battery over nite waiting for the part. When I reconnected and drove it the next day the dead spot was gone and still has not returned.
I need to do it again though, this past summer I replaced the battery and my daughter only drove it around philly, runs OK but not good. Waiting for the warmer weather before I open the hood for anything but checking the oil and washer fluid. Its like this winter never going to end :(

Back