• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Inspection cover hole? Pics

duke000088

NAXJA Forum User
Crawling around chasing an oil leak I snapped a picture of this hole in my transmission inspection cover. I'm pretty :dunce: in this area. I know there is supposed to be the gap in the sheet metal to let fluids drain out of the bellhousing. But is there supposed to be the hole too? I can see the teeth of the flexplate through it (I think).

At first I thought it was damage from a road hazard but the more I look at it the more it looks factory. Woudln't crap climb in there?

MoreJeep003-1.jpg

That slot is engineered into the sheet metal stamping so that they could transition the surface from the flat for the bolt to the raised area. Your's also has those interesting wrinkles going down from the slot like somebody bent is and hammered it back flat or welded it back up. Maybe it's just corrosion. It's just a cover to keep big rocks out. No problems there.

Back