• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front sway bar prob

nwo98xj

NAXJA Forum User
I just put in a 8.5 lift using a 6.5 rc x series and and two inch spacer front and blocks on the rear got my shocks on order but i was moving it around the yard and the front swaybar is rubbing on the springs .......anyone have else have this problem thanks .....................

I just put in a 8.5 lift using a 6.5 rc x series and and two inch spacer front and blocks on the rear got my shocks on order but i was moving it around the yard and the front swaybar is rubbing on the springs .......anyone have else have this problem thanks .....................

You need sway bar relocation brackets. They move the frame mounts down and forward.
http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Jeep/XJ/Product.aspx?part=RE9921

You should also adjust the length of the links so that the angle of the sway bar is 15`+-5`.

sorry under posting rules on the bottom of the page i am not allowed to post pics, i don't know why......the relocate is interestion though. I was wondering if rotateing the axle back abit would help . it is oonly touching buy maybe 1/8 of an inch ..maybe a hair more.

sorry under posting rules on the bottom of the page i am not allowed to post pics, i don't know why......the relocate is interestion though. I was wondering if rotateing the axle back abit would help . it is oonly touching buy maybe 1/8 of an inch ..maybe a hair more.

Each of Naxja's forums isdifferent. Even as a PAYING member, I cannot post photos in this forum.
Go to Flickr, Photo Bucket or some other free photo hosting site and load your photos there. Then post the link here.

I tried many things to keep the links off the coils and nothing helped until I made my own relocation brackets.

Last edited:
do yourself and your jeep a favor and just take the swaybar off! you won't regret it!

If it is an off-road only rig, this is OK.

If you plan on driving on the street, keep it and make it work.
You may not miss it until you need to make a fast, evasive maneuver at high speed. Then you WILL most definitely miss it!

Plan on getting or making disconnects for off-road use.

I am in the same boat and have not figured out a solution yet... I put acos in instead of pucks, did you have issues with your drive shaft to short? cheap solutions??

Not totally understanding the RE relocation bracket, anyone have better pics?

It's a simple solution, I'll confirm what has already been posted....Relocate your sway bar. Look towards Rubicon express and that will give you a real good idea of what you need.

FWIW; I'm ruinning 7" all together and I removed my relocation brackets. They made the bar hang lower than I liked and made my approach angle really bad. I just live with the bar hitting my spring every now and then.

Keep the bar and get the brackets.

Good idea! I know for a fact that my front swaybar has saved my ass. I almost hit a van last week because i didn't check my blind spot for some reason and had to swerve to miss it!

X'3.....do not listen to such poor advise. I'll drive mine around for a week or so while in moab, but if this is DD definitely do the brackets and keep the bar.
Hell, mine see's less than a 1000 mi a year and I still have one.

Back