• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: 87 4x4 XJ: 4dr Cherokee Laredo, D44

TexsXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Up for sale is my 87 Cherokee Laredo. I'm taking 18 hours to graduate this may from college and don't have time for this thing anymore. It's currently registered in Texas and I have a clear title in hand, it would make a great trail rig.
Price is $1500 OBO

Kevin
[email protected]

The Story: first and foremost, this vehicle was flooded last year in Hurrican IKE. It had been a daily driver before the hurricane, but obviously didn't start when I picked it up. I started on a learning adventure about how the XJs are built (this is my first one) and started buying all the replacement parts. I worked on it solid for about a month and finally got it going, after replacing many parts (long list below). I seafoamed it and made a 140 mile round trip to my friends ranch to test out the 4x4; the shocks and front springs need to be replaced.
The Good: It is an 87 and came with the optional Dana 44 rear axle, with a Dana 30 front. It has an AW4 auto trans with an NP231 transfer case. The 4x4 DOES work, and the trans shifts well. ALL fluids besides the brake fluid have been replaced. The gears looked to be in pretty good shape for the 200,000 miles or so it has (odometer doesn't work, 200,000 is an est from the previous owner. The body is in good shape. The headlights work, high beams too, and I think the brakelights work. The front fenders have been cut, not the prettiest but it gets the job done.
The Bad: The engine was overheating on the previous owner, and still is on me. The upper radiator hose exploded on me, and since then have replaced the hose, the water pump, thermostat, and have a new coolant tank in the mail. I believe that it is either a blown head gasket, something wrong with the radiator, or air in the system. The blinkers don't work, and the front driver's side marker lamp assembly is busted as well as the fog lights.

Parts:
New:
Battery
Alternator
Starter
Water Pump
Thermostat
Upper Radiator Hose
Engine Oil
Transmission Fluid
Gear Oil
Transfer Case Fluid
Spark Plugs
Plug Wires
Air filter
Crank Position Sensor
Coolant Tank (in the mail)
Front and Rear Wiper Blades
Passenger Side Headlight
Used:
ECU
Trans computer
Cruise Module
Power Steering Pump and lines (approximately 80k miles)
Ignition Control Module
Coil
DSCF3311.jpg

DSCF3314.jpg

DSCF3322.jpg

DSCF3325.jpg

DSCF3326.jpg

DSCF3328.jpg

DSCF3330.jpg

DSCF3335.jpg

DSCF3336.jpg

DSCF3338.jpg

Last edited:
mine has 3.54s not 3.73s

i just sent you an email about this a few hours ago when i found it on craigslist. i really would like to check it out this weekend. if i can sell my dirtbike i could get it for sure.

......off to craigslist to relist that damn motorcycle!

Back